M - Missed
T - Bike (18 miles - 1:00:00)/OW Swim (.5 mile - 16:00)- Brick/ Run (8 miles - 1:08:00)
W - Bike (18 miles - 59:00)/OW Swim (1 mile - 35:00)- Brick
H - Bike (20 miles - 1:02:00)/ Run (4 miles - 30:58)
F - Rest
S - Mayflower International Triathlon - Swim (1 mile - 31:45)/ T1 (4:12)/ Bike (25 miles - 1:22:32)/ T2 (1:39)/ Run (6.2 miles - 47:49)
S - Rest
Total Workouts: 6 (3 bricks)
Total Hours: 8 hrs 11 min
Swim Total: 2.5 miles/ 1 hr 22 min
Bike Total: 81 miles/ 4 hr 23 min
Run Total: 18.2 miles/ 2 hr 26 min
Ending Weight: 175 lbs.
Good week ending with a very fun olympic distance triathlon. I was able to get in two bricks (three counting the triathlon). While I missed Monday and took Friday as a rest day, I still feel good about putting in a solid week of workouts. Fall weather has definitely arrived to Boston. My morning rides to Walden Pond have become quite cool. I actually look forward to getting in the water to warm up. I still have to say that this is the greatest workout ever. I'm looking forward to even more as the fall foliage comes with all its vibrant colors. The triathlon was a blast today (see separate blog entry on the event). Overall, feeling good about my fitness level at this stage. I could certainly be a faster swimmer and stronger cyclist, but I'm feeling a lot better conditioned than I have ever been. Next up: Pumpkinman 1/2 Ironman in Vegas on October 17th. This will be a great test. Between now and then, I need to increase my swim workouts from 1 mile to 2 miles and put in some longer bike rides (50+ miles) along with continuing to do 2-3 bricks. Good fun!
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment