M - Bike (18 miles - 1:00:00)/OW Swim (1 mile - 35:32)- Brick/ Run (4 miles - 32:13)
T - OW Swim (1 mile - 35:00)/ Run (3 miles - 24:00)- Brick
W - Bike (40 miles - 2:05:00)/ Run (8 miles - 1:10:05)
H - Missed
F - Bike (18 miles - 1:02:00)/OW Swim (1 mile - 34:22)- Brick
S - Bike (27 miles - 1:20:00)/ Run (4.5 miles - 37:18) - Brick
S - Rest
Total Workouts: 7 (4 bricks)
Total Hours: 9 hrs 55 min
Swim Total: 3 miles/ 1 hr 44 min
Bike Total: 103 miles /5 hr 27 min
Run Total: 19.5 miles/ 2 hr 44 min
Ending Weight: 177 lbs.
A great week! I was able to fit in 4 brick workouts all of which included open water (OW) swims at Walden Pond. I especially enjoy riding my bike (18 mile round trip) to Walden Pond and then swimming the length of the pond and back (1 mile). This gives me some great open water swim experience (i.e. continual swimming, swimming straight w/o a line to follow). I don't know if I will be able to go back to the pool now - not looking forward to my winter season workouts (spinning and swimming indoors). I have also noticed that my favorite events have changed. I used to love the run (#1) and then manage through the swim (#2) and bike (#3). Now, I clearly love the bike (#1) most of all, followed by enjoying the open water swim (#2), and enduring through the run (#3). I'm hoping to do an Olympic distance triathlon sometime in the next couple of weeks followed by the half ironman in October.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment