M - Bike (80 miles - 5:07:00)
T - Swim (1 mile - 35:19)/ Run (9 miles - 1:18:19)
W - Bike (9 miles - 30:00)/ OW Swim (.5 miles - 20:00)/ Bike (9 miles - 30:00) - Brick
H - Bike (52 miles - 3:05:00)
F - Missed
S - Missed
S - Rest
Total Workouts: 5 (1 brick)
Total Hours: 11 hrs 25 min
Swim Total: .5 miles/ 0 hr 20 min
Bike Total: 150 miles / 9 hr 12 min
Run Total: 9 miles/ 1 hr 18 min
Ending Weight: 180 lbs.
Big bike week! I was able to get out on two long rides this week. My first ride was on Monday morning with Jess Hatch. Went ended up going from my house in Sudbury to the top of Mt. Wachusett and back. In total, we rode 80 miles. This ride was a lot of fun. If you recall, I rode to the top of Mt. Wachusett a couple of months ago and struggled to get to the top. That was part of a 50 mile ride. This time went much better as I easily ascended the summit. I'm feeling much stronger on the bike. My second ride this week was a 50 miler. I was suppose to hook up with Marko Zatylny and a few of his Ropes & Gray colleagues; however, I missed the 6:30 meeting point and ended up never riding with them. Oh well, I had a great solo ride anyway. I also did a brick workout (bike/swim) on Wednesday. This was unique because I rode 9 miles to Walden Pond, swam for about 20 minutes and then biked back home. Swimming in the open water (versus indoor lane swimming) is quite different and more difficult. I will definitely do several more of these over the next few months. While I had a great start to the week and was looking to log one of my most successful weeks to date, I ended up missing both Friday and Saturday as we went on a family vacation to Quebec City and Montreal. I took my running shoes but ended up not going as we had early starts both days. I'm traveling on business all next week so it will be pretty tough to do much more than a few runs. I drop down to 176-177 lbs but then ended up eating my way back to 180 lbs this weekend.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment