Saturday, June 20, 2009

Week 13 Results

M - Swim(1 mile - 33:57)
T - Run (4.5 miles - 37:16)
W - Swim (1 mile - 33:52)
H - Bike (36 miles - 2:05:00) / Run (4 miles - 31:35)/ Weights (30:00)
F - Run (8 miles - 1:02:38)
S - Bike (45 miles - 2:30:00)
S - Rest

Total Workouts: 7 (0 bricks)
Total Hours: 8 hrs 24 min

Swim Total 2 miles /1 hr 08 min
Bike Total: 81 miles / 4 hr 35 min
Run Total: 16.5 miles /2 hr 11 min

Ending Weight: 186 lbs.

The average athlete who qualifies for the Ford Ironman World Championship spends 18 to 30 hours training each week. He/she averages seven miles of swimming, 225 miles of biking and 48 miles of running for seven months leading up to the event. Up to this point (past 13 weeks), I have averaged 6.5 hours of training each week, 2.6 miles of swimming, 37.7 miles of biking and 17.5 miles of running. If I just looked at the past 5 weeks, the story is alittle better. I have averaged 8.5 hours of training each week, 3.0 miles of swimming, 63.6 miles of biking and 18.7 miles of running. While I certainly don't expect to put in the level of time and miles that a qualified (i.e. Professional) Ironman at Kona puts in, I will need to continue to up the effort as I get closer to IMSG.

I was challenged this week with more rain and our National Sales Meeting in Rhode Island (Mon - Wed) which prohibited me from getting in many 2x/day workouts. It did test my commitment as I had to wake up each morning at 5 AM in order to get in a swim or run in order to make it down to my meetings at 8 AM. I'm beat tired! Overall, a good week though and I was happy to see another 2 lbs. drop off. I'm heading on vacation to Florida with the family next week. Again, this will probably prohibit 2x/day workouts or biking. I will focus most of my effort on swimming and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment