Saturday, March 20, 2010

Week 52 Results

M - Swim (1.5 miles - 48:25)
T - Run (11 miles - 1:20:57)
W - Bike (50 miles - 3:00:00)
H - Bike (60 miles - 3:43:00)
F - Run (5 miles - 38:00)
S - Bike (91 miles - 5:38:00)
S - Rest

Total Workouts: 6 (0 bricks)
Total Hours: 15 hrs 08 min

Swim Total: 1.5 miles/ 0 hr 48 min
Bike Total: 201 miles/ 12 hr 21 min
Run Total: 16 miles/ 1 hr 59 min

Ending Weight: 177 lbs

HUGE week on the bike! I was able to get in three killer rides (50 miler - solo out to Sterling and Wachusett Reservoir on Tuesday, 60 miler with Jess Hatch on Wednesday down around Sudbury, Wellesley, Dover, Holliston, Hopkinton loop, and a 90 miler this morning with Jess Hatch, Marko Zatylny and a bunch of Marko's Ropes & Gray colleagues - Sudbury, Wellesley, Dover, Sherborn, Needham, Concord, Sudbury). The weather has been spectacular - mid 60s! Today reached 67 degrees. I felt good on Tuesday, sluggish and sore on Wednesday, but felt great today. Doing 90 miles was a huge confidence boost going into the final stretches of my training. Only 40 days left!! I have noticed my weight is gradually creeping upward. I'm doing fewer, but longer workouts. I'm finding myself consuming a lot more calories and am convinced that the key to weight loss is shorter but more frequent workouts. Exercise and keep your metabolism going, but don't go overboard and push yourself into famish mode. Anyway, I'm thrilled with this week's results. I do feel the need to put in some more serious run time over the next few weeks. My 8 - 12 mile runs just aren't going to cut it. But in the meantime, it's good to be back outside on the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment